It’s no secret that I love movies, ALOT! Therefore, it should be no surprise that I have a checklist of things I must do to make sure I have the optimum movie night experience at the theatre. Without further-a-do…
- I must get a good night’s sleep. This is so I’m fully awake and ready to receive what I anticipate will be epic cinematic goodness.
- I make sure I’m not hungry, thirsty are need the restroom because I will not have my ‘special movie night me time‘ interrupted because I didn’t plan well. Also, I’ll take sips of water but I generally don’t eat at the movies because it takes my attention away from the epic cinematic goodness, of course.
- I make sure to get to the theatre, not only before the trailers but before the adverts too, because I don’t do lateness. Full disclosure, I may have seen the adverts and trailers before, but did I see the trailers on the big screen? Exactly.
- I will get the perfect seat, which usually means somewhere in the middle of the room.
- I come with a sweater, jacket or scarf because movie theatres get cold. I need to focus on the movie, not my airconditioning induced goosebumps.
- I will not watch a movie if I’m late by a few minutes because those few minutes could have been crucial. Furthermore, I came for the full experience, and the FULL experience is what I’m going to have.
Lastly, you may be wondering, due to all these rules, do I often go to the movies on my lonesome? Absolutely! And do I mind one little bit? ‘Of Course not!‘
Happy Film Loving