In Darkness is a London-set thriller about a blind musician who finds herself down a dark path into London’s gritty criminal underworld. A change that happens after she hears a murder committed in the apartment upstairs.
Directed by Anthony Byrne and co-written by both Byrne and Dormer; Emily Ratajkowski, Natalie Dormer and Ed Skrein star…
I think the music / sound effects did a little too much to make this movie seem more exciting. Nevertheless, I look forward to what is hopefully a great thriller. I excited to seeing an example of just how resourceful a blind person can be.
Joely Richardson, Lexie Benbow-Hart and James Cosmo also star…
Starring Emily Blunt, co-written / directed by, and starring John Krasinski, A Quiet Placeis a scary movie I wanted to see regardless of my characteristic of being ‘easily spooked into insomnia and nightmares.’
Set during a post apocalyptic future, Blunt and Krasinski are a couple with three children. In an effort to stay alive, the family are forced to live in silence because simply not doing so will mean they’re heard and subsequently become prey for mysterious creatures that hunt by sound.
I enjoyed this movie and was shocked, moved and impressed by the story, characters, performances plus the execution of the most memorable moments. A Quiet Place did a good job of showing the audience the general cleverness one would need in order to survive in a world where sound becomes deadly.
I absolutely want to believe that I’d survive living in silence; however there may be too much about me that is loud. A surprise sneeze attack among many other things would surely mean the end of me.
Besides making me an even bigger fan of Blunt and Krasinski, A Quiet Place made meappreciate my freedom to make sound. It reminded me of the the gargantuan challenge that is parenting. It also left me feeling even more empowered and powerful as a young woman, something I wasn’t expecting.
If I had to pick one thing that I wasn’t totally in love with about this movie, it would be the jarring move from silence to a seemingly super loud sound/ musical score.
Watch it because it’s good and A Quiet Place will likely not result in a single moment of sleeplessness. It didn’t for me.. yet!
First Reformed is a drama / thriller about a solitary, middle-aged parish pastor (Ethan Hawke) at a small Dutch Reform church in upstate New York. When a pregnant parishioner (Amanda Seyfried) asks the Reverend to counsel her husband, the clergyman finds himself plunged into his own tormented past, and equally despairing future.
Directed by Paul Schrader, Hawke and Seyfried are joined by Cedric the Entertainer, Michael Gaston, Van Hansis, Ronald Peet…
I’m in for the unique story and a great performance by Hawke. You can just see it in his eyes, can’t you?
Written and directed by Coralie Fargeat, Revenge is an action / thriller that exists to remind you that you should never, ever, take your mistress on an annual guys’ getaway. Especially if she’s devoted to hunting.
Matilda Anna Ingrid Lutz, Kevin Janssens, Vincent Colombe and Guillaume Bouchède star…
I hope that the finished film lives up to the promise of this wonderful trailer. There’s nothing quite like a well-executed tale of vengeance to remind one of how great film is.
In Terminal, murderous consequences unravel in the dead of night as the lives of two assassins carrying out a sinister mission intertwine at the hands of a mysterious criminal mastermind hell-bent on revenge.
Margot Robbie, Simon Pegg, Max Irons and Mike Myers are directed by Vaughn Stein…
I don’t really know what’s going on in this trailer but I’m intrigued by the style and cinematography.
I generally like to see Margot Robbie win. I just wish that I wasn’t so very aware of her faux accent.
Amandla Stenberg, Mandy Moore, Gwendoline Christie and Harris Dickinson star in The Darkest Minds, a sci-fi thriller in which a disease kills 98% of America’s children and the remaining 2% are placed in internment camps.
Based on the book by Alexandra Bracken and directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson, The adventure begins when a 16-year-old girl escapes her camp…
There’s no watching this trailer without thinking about The Hunger Games or Maze Runner. I want this to be good. However there is a part of me that isn’t sure yet. I was really hoping that the special effects on the eyes didn’t look so, for want of another phrase, ‘basic.’ I’ve probably just seen to many glowing /colourful eyes in other movies